1) I've been having a blast this week fielding heated interest on one of my client's projects, including the first offer. Next week should be exciting, indeed. *throws confetti*
2) GLEE This week? Totally made up for the horrid episode last week.
3) Fulls sent before May 4th and Queries sent prior to May 6th have all been answered. If you dont have a request/reject, shoot me an email.
4) I read FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB by Antony John this week:
And OMG: AWESOME. I didnt expect it to be so emotional! Holy crap, I got choked up like, every other chapter. Yet not in a depressing way at all-- in that hopeful, rooting for a character you love kind of way. I'll review it in full when it hits shelves this fall.
5) We've been having a conversation over on twitter that I found rather interesting-- I asked everyone whether or not their high school actually had a queen bee, as is commonly found in YA. Even I am prone to throw a queen bee (possibly a mean queen bee) into my YA.
The answer? Overwelmingly negative. Most people, like myself, went to schools which had a large clique of popular girls, with no single girl standing out as "miss perfect" or shoo-in for Homecoming Queen.
Yet many said their Junior High DID have a mean girl or queen bee.
Interesting, eh? Food for thought while writing your next book!